The digital space can get noisy. In a fast-paced, mobile-driven world, it’s more important than ever to build authentic content that connects. How does your social media stack up?
This crash course will give you insights on hashtags, Twitterati, Facebook success, and sparkling LinkedIn profiles. We’ve got a panel of social media strategists on hand to help you navigate the channel of your choice and get your brand off on the right foot.
BPW is bringing to you Sheri Doyle to lead this session and teach you about all of the ins and outs on your favorite, or maybe even least favorite, social media platforms. With over a decade of marketing and communications experience, Sheri has worked with governments, boards, businesses and non-profits on the power of storytelling. Specializing in digital strategy, she’s steered social media campaigns—from local to national—that have helped people build effective, authentic connection online.
When she’s not running her digital consulting business, Digital Owl, Sheri serves on the board of directors for Digital Alberta and as Communications Director for Alberta LitFest — Canada’s original nonfiction festival.
HOW – you may ask?
We will have four separate stations set up, allowing you the option to go around in “speed dating” style rounds for 15 minutes each, where you will be taught all of the need-to-know aspects of your chosen social media platform. What makes this even better, is you will get the chance to sit and be informed by your fellow BPW Ladies!
- LinkedIn – Sheri Doyle; CEO, Digital Owl
- Facebook – Elizabeth Garbuzov; Marketing Coordinator, KBH Chartered Accountants & Communications Chair BPW Edmonton
- Twitter – Shae MacPherson; Business Manager, Felesky Flynn LLP
- Instagram – Tara Laviolette; Co Owner at TNT Muscle Productions Inc., Owner Operator at Muscle Metamorphosis Inc., Director at Canadian Physique Alliance, and Director, Corporate Legal at Midnight Sun Financial Inc.
Hashtags & Follow Requests:
When: November 19th, from 7:30AM-9:30AM
Where: Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, in the Edmonton Room
7:30AM – Registration & Breakfast
8:00AM-9:00AM – Workshop
9:00AM-9:30AM – Questions & Conclusion
– Ticket price includes breakfast, coffee and tea options.
*Please advise of any dietary restrictions.